Thanks to Chris Galvin Nguyen for nominating me for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award.” The award is a way for bloggers to share other websites they admire. I’m honored to be thought of by Chris who writes about living in Vietnam and shares her incredible photography on her blog.
Here are the guidelines for accepting the award and nominating other bloggers:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add their link to your blog.
2. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers.
5. Contact your nominees and provide a link to your post.
6. Display the award logo on your blog, whether on your sidebar or about page, or special award page.
Seven things you might not know about me:
1. I grew up in a very small town in Minnesota. I remember chasing fireflies in cattails, ice skating under the stars, and sledding off our roof.
2. My family moved to Boise because my dad admired Lewis & Clark and always wanted to live out West. Since then, I’ve lived in Seattle, San Jose, Los Angeles, Redmond, and Santa Barbara.
3. I met my husband when I attended the University of Washington in Seattle.
5. I’ve always loved to write, but I also love science and have a Ph.D. in Chemistry from UCLA.
6. It took me eight years to write my first book. I already have ideas for my next two.
7. Knowing how long a book takes, I’m currently working on some short essays and stories.
Bloggers I nominate for making the Internet a better place:
Love Think Thrive is Alexa Brett’s blog about balanced living.
Alexa’s posts are informative and inspirational. She manages to keep on top of new developments in parenting, health, nutrition, and stress management. I’m always learning something from her. She also creates all of the artwork for her site like this logo. Follow her informational tweets @LoveThinkThrive.
Author Tracy Shawn writes about dealing with anxiety and depression and increasing hope and motivation on her blog.
Tracy used her masters in clinical psychology and own experience with anxiety to create the award-winning novel, The Grace of Crows, about a woman struggling to overcome anxiety and help her family. Find her on Twitter @TracyShawn
7 thoughts on “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”
Thank you so much, Michelle! You are such a talented writer and I cannot wait to read “Catching Shrimp With Bard Hands!”
Thanks, Tracy. I hope you enjoy the book!
Fireflies and sledding off the roof–it sounds idyllic! Thanks for introducing Alexa and Tracy. I’m happy to discover both blogs, and Tracy’s book is going on my TBR list.
It was idyllic for us kids–we didn’t have to shovel the snow! I’m glad to have made the introductions. This is a great way to connect.
Idyllic for us kids–we didn’t have to shovel the snow! Thanks for including me in this blog award. It’s a great way to make connections.
Thank you so much for the nomination, Michelle! Your kind words mean a lot to me.
Thanks for the great work you do on your blog, Alexa. I’m always learning something relevant and new!